Top Five Money Saving Tips For Your Pool This Summer
We’re all looking for ways to save money; especially at this time of year. With Christmas done and dusted and kids to entertain, summer can be expensive!
So here are our top tips to keep the costs associated with your pool under control:
- Variable Speed Pump – Unlike the inefficient single and two-speed pumps, variable speed pumps allow you to "adjust and set" the exact flow rate you need for your pool, allowing you to capitalise on the golden rule of pool circulation: slower is better. These beauties can save you $100s on your electricity bills in comparison to the traditional single speed pool pump.
- Filtration Times – Pool equipment used to be loud meaning you had to run it during peak times to avoid upsetting your neighbours (and keeping yourself awake all night). Modern pool equipment now focuses on being quiet, so you can run your filtration and heating systems during off peak times, making the most of lower energy tariffs whilst being neighbourly.
- Secondary Sanitiser – The rise of Quantum AOP water treatment in backyard swimming pools is taking Australia by storm. These devices slip into your existing setup allowing you to reduce chlorine to tap water levels and clarify your pool water without the use of chemicals. This will save loads of money previously spent on chemicals and makes looking after your pool a breeze.
- Automation – These days everything is app controlled – including your pool! This technology often comes with the ability to see if something wrong with your pool so you can intervene before it gets expensive to fix.
- Switch to Mineral – Not only are mineral pools amazing to swim in and help your pool stay clear, they also de-scale your equipment making it last longer, keeping dollars in your pocket.
Bonus Tip: Prevention is always better then cure when it comes to pools so get your water tested regularly.
Also add a regular phosphate remover to keep algae at bay (phosphate is a food source for algae) to free up your sanitiser to do its job efficiently.
If you'd like to discuss requirements for your own pool feel free to contact our friendly team of experts, or find your local Theralux dealer here.